Wednesday, June 28, 2006

nissan


a couple of pics in the garden. The car is a nissan micra they are very popular in England ours is 10 years old but in good condition. IT IS 1000CC and they do about 45 miles to the gallon and are cheap to insure the pic is of the latest styles they make. Young people who are just starting out buy the old ones because insurance is very expensive for big cars, my car would cost someone aged 25 about 4000 dollars for a year to insure and that's if anyone would insure them, and old people buy them because they are cheap to run and not too exciting but I,m different I like speed but when I retire I will not be able to afford to run my car. Thought I was blogging the ether seems ages since I got any comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Frogstar said...

4000? that's incredible... I have 700/yr insurance, which is pretty good although I am a teenage girl, but I got it lowered a lot through good grades and the fact that I've never had a ticket.

now my brother on the other hand... his would be closer to 4000/yr

7:26 pm  
Blogger dark star said...

in england cars are grouped in insurance levels from 1 for small cars upto 20 for high power cars like Porche mine is 18 because its 2000cc and a turbo.It then depends on your age and how long you have been insured with no claims or tickets.every year you have no claims you get a percentage decrease off your insurance so if you do not claim for 5 years you can get a maximum of 65% off the full insurance.I pay about 1000 dollars a year with full no claims and being old. on the little car it cost my wife 400 dollars even though she has only just passed her test they would not insure her to drive my car.

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home